Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ALIVE IN FAITH

To strengthen the faith is to study the faith a bit closer. I am a former member of Singles for Christ from U.P. Diliman Chapter. I and my GG (God's Gift) got married last year June 11, 2011.

Happiness and contentment is the sure feeling when someone or some group supports your growth. My spiritual journey jump start before I joined in. Before I met my wife, my purpose of joining is to know if, God is really calling me towards the Priesthood. I wish to be certain, I do not want to hurt Jesus and the Church.

Before I joined SFC, I am already reading Catholic Apologetic books, especially the book entitled "Rome sweet home" by Dr. Scott & Kimberly Hahn. I also developed the habit of reading the Bible, plus reading the Church Fathers. With these bit of exposure, Christian Life Program, is just a nut shell to break.

Though faced with a dilemma regarding Talk 4: Repentance & Faith; I believe the speaker did not know what the real deal with the Eucharist, the Church, and Salvation history., faced with these heart breaks I still sojourn my way up.

I also felt that my readings are bringing me in a more conservative tone. I love the SFC songs, though I prefer the Gregorian chants. Maybe due to my readings, I was well influenced by the Orthodoxy of the Faith rather than its other faces. With these in mind, I met my wife. Khae Sabado was a senior member, as far as I remember she was the assistant unit head of Claret Chapter, and I am just a newbie then. Some says we are not fit as partners; Khae is more lively, and I am more reserve. To cut the story short we got married, and still singing joyfully to the Lord.

A year later, I tried to connect with my friends in SFC- UP Diliman. I found out that there were new members who favored RH-Bill, in which the Church opposed due to its artificial contraception nature. I could not believe it so I tried putting a Anti-RH Bill quotes and some articles in the Facebook page. This is just to confirm my suspicions. I was shocked when SFC start arguing Pro-RH Bill. To come to think that those are new member, they should be fired up in their faith.

Though divided, I praise my friends who hold on. They kept the faith alive. They study the Bill and the Church's position very clearly, and produce an irrefutable argument against those SFC who supports it. I do understand that those who support are some in active members who wished to be heard, though their stand goes against the teachings of the Church.

I do hope that CFC-SFC should hold much more teachings on this topic. Although the root of division is not the RH Bill; it is the lack of Catholic teachings. It is true, some people joined in just to have GFs or BFs, but these certain reality should not stop us from spreading the Church's beauty.

I hope and pray that those young  single men and women, would end up like us. Happy, alive in the faith. Ready to answer the call of duty in defending the faith and morals.

No comments:

Post a Comment