Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The growing Catholic Bible Study/Apologetic class

This news was unheard off, when I started reading my Bible in 1999. I searched out in my place, well in those days I stayed in Sta. Cruz, Manila. So, definitely the parish near to me is the Sta. Cruz Parish Church. Though I am not sure if the parish had the Bible study that I am looking for. 

Today, the well read and informed Catholics are now reaching their Bibles, dusting it off, and start flipping its yellowish pages. There was a group of couples under the Marriage Encounter International who spearhead one of the most scholarly Bible study in Cubao. This group continues to study the Bible through Historical scholarly approach. Though it would sound much liberal, but I believe it stayed the conservative Catholicism taste. 

The other one is an Apologetic seminar headed by the Defensoris Fidei Foundation. This group focused on defending the faith against modern and ancient heresy. In my case, I attend both group. 

Since, I am still in infancy of really dodging the scripture in seriously, I need the scholarly type, and the Apologetic side. Filipinos had the resources of knowing their faith. The next question is do cafeteria Catholics stop choosing and dropping and start act like a mature grown man.

No comments:

Post a Comment