Friday, July 8, 2011

Sola Scriptura part 2

Here is the fresh reply to me by a Protestant. Well this is after the doctrinal dance...Do you know what is "doctrinal dance?" It is mind to mind tactics to scare Catholics; its a race of the minds...But Catholics must be eager to lift one heavy question to another. Then throw a catapult of questions coming from Protestant shallow theology.

After a long response I gave him (which you can check from part1) this is only reply I got:


Archie,

If your hope is in God, why do you sound as if you're uncertain about this hope of yours?

Bonnie,

I read the Bible because in it I learn to grow more in being Christlike. Jesus Christ is the foundation of the truth. When I read the Bible, I learn things which were not taught me when I was younger. Jesus Christ is the absolute truth.
Peter's foundation was also rooted upon a rock, and that rock is Christ. My Christian faith is also rooted in Jesus Christ.
and I told him....

Paul,

My hope is in God....Thus I could say;

We are saved.... because in 2 Cor 5:17 "So whoever is in Christ is a new creation"...I firmly believe that what Jesus Christ died for our sin and rose from the dead...

We are being saved...as a Catholic we hold strongly on oral and written Tradition...
1 Cor 15:2 " Through it (the gospel) you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you, unless you believed in vain."

We will be saved...that we place our hope and confidence that God will give us the grace of perseverance; that we may respond to it; and accept his gift of salvation until the hour death.

This acknowledges the third meaning the words "saved" and "salvation" have in scripture--the future deliverance of believers at the Second Coming of Christ.

Rom 5:9
How much more then, since we are now justified by his blood, will we be saved through him from the wrath.
This guy keeps on jumping topics....I should rename my title to Sola Fide...

No comments:

Post a Comment